Friday, November 6, 2009

Method 4 - RSS Feeds & Newsreaders

Hello, I'm reporting on Method 4's lesson by using Google docs. Practical practice!

I've already learned a lot in just three lessons, but if I can't devote more time to Two-Stepping, I may not finish the course. I'll try to do at least two lessons a week.

Below find links to my feed sites:

One:
http://www.beachwalks.tv/

I like Beach Walks with Rox because I'll never go to Hawaii, she's very calming with a humane philosophy of life, and she has a great, playful dog Lexi. Her Reef Radio is really an interesting add-on at her site. I relax with the music.

Two:
http://theshiftedlibrarian.com/

I just found Jenny Levine's The Shifted Librarian blog doing lesson three. I like what she said about cloud computing, and she seems smart and interesting.

Three:
I don't visit the same web sites daily or read many blogs, so I'll just add a news one.
(I doubt you want the ones I DO use - Amazon.com, Lands End, or J.C Penney!)
Ok, what about this one?
http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/

School Library Journal Breaking News is new to me. I like subscribing to it though. I can breeze through and catch what interests me.

One thing I've noticed about Google Reader is the format.....I don't like it. I find it kind choppy in appearance, hard to see the different feeds, unattractive, and plain. Maybe I'll use another reader or practice more.

I do like the Explore feature. That's how I found SLJ's top stories or breaking news.

I almost lost this post. Eeek! So many different windows open.

All my best,
S. G.

No comments:

Post a Comment